Ready to make your mark in medical research? Apply for a program and funding following these steps.
Before you apply for a program please meet with Dean Chung. She’ll make sure you don’t miss out on opportunities for research and funding.
Steps to apply:
1. Apply for specific program or funding source
The application process is unique for each student, depending on the length and depth of research and your program of study.
Choose a program below for application details.
- Summer Research Programs
NHLBI, CRTC TL1, Mallinckrodt, and Siteman
- Year-Long Research Programs
MSCI, MPHS, MD5, and MPH
- Fourth-Year Elective
- Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP)
- Clinical Research & Innovation Student Program (CRISP)
2. Finalize your research plans
When your application is complete, start preparing for your research!
- Submit your project for IRB approval, if needed.
- Begin attending your mentor’s lab/research meetings.
- Start reading background literature about your project.
- Finalize your funding plans in collaboration with OMSR.