During Your Research
Once you’ve selected a mentor and secured funding, you can start on training and other requirements.
For students completing a research project through a Year-Long Research Program or Fourth-Year Elective, paperwork, training sessions and other requirements vary by program or funding source.
Students completing summer research, however, are responsible for fulfilling the requirements listed below.
If you are part of the Medical Scientist Training Program, please visit the MSTP website for more information.
Summer Research Program (SRP)
- Conduct full-time research (2-3 months)
- Complete HRPO training
- Complete payroll paperwork
- Attend Research Ethics Seminar in June
- Attend Friday Noon Seminar Series
- Submit final abstract and paper
- Present at Annual Research Symposium and Poster Session