The curriculum blends required coursework and clinical rotations with elective experiences that allow students to explore areas of personal interest.
Please visit the Bulletin for a full list of MD degree requirements »
Through all four years of the curriculum, key topics known as Threads are woven throughout the learning experience, linking clinical and coursework and enhancing the learning experience.
- Coursework, focusing on normal human biology
- Selectives allow for exploration of many areas of medicine
- Patient contact begins in first month
- Coursework, focusing on effects of disease
- Expanded clinical experience
- Core clinical clerkships, both required and electives
- 32 weeks elective
- 4-week Capstone course