Start a Group
Proposed new student groups are first vetted by Medical Student Government, then by Dean Lisa Moscoso, MD, PhD. Once a group is approved, the Office of Student Affairs provides administrative and financial support.
Step 1: Contact Medical Student Government (MSG) to propose your new group.
Step 2: If MSG approves your group, contact Dean Lisa Moscoso, MD, PhD, at email@example.com or 362-6843 for her consideration.
Step 3: If Dean Moscoso approves your group, OSA will provide the following services:
- Assist in choosing and recruiting a faculty advisor
- Provide funding through our office or suggest other funding sources (e.g. Alumni Association)
- Offer advice for accomplishing administrative tasks and overall goals
- Book on-campus meeting spaces on request
- Post group events on MedPortal on request
- Offer a web presence for your group on the OSA website
All groups must provide
- Description and contact information to be posted on the OSA website.
- Yearly list of accomplishments
- For Service Learning Opportunities, a preparation guide, curricula, evaluation and reflection