Start a Group
Proposed new student groups are first vetted by Medical Student Government, then by Dean Lisa Moscoso, MD, PhD. Once a group is approved, the Office of Student Affairs provides administrative and financial support. If your proposed student organization will be involved in community engagement work, please consult on your proposal with Audrey Coolman and/or Kaytlin Reedy-Rogier prior to submitting the application
Step 1: Fill out this form: WUSM New Student Group Application and contact your MSG class president for preliminary feedback and to schedule your proposal at the next MSG general body meeting.
Step 2: MSG will recommend approval or disapproval of your group proposal, with additional feedback, to the Office of Student Affairs.
Step 3: If the Office of Student Affairs approves your group, OSA will provide the following services:
- Assist in choosing and recruiting a faculty advisor (if necessary)
- Provide funding through our office or suggest other funding sources (e.g. Alumni Association)
- Offer advice for accomplishing administrative tasks and overall goals
- Book on-campus meeting spaces on request
- Post group events on the Student Activities Calendar upon request
- Offer a web presence for your group on the OSA website
All groups must provide
- Description and contact information to be posted on the OSA website.
- Yearly list of accomplishments
- For Service Learning Opportunities, a preparation guide, curricula, evaluation and reflection