The Gateway Orientation gives incoming students a chance to launch their medical education journey, getting to know each other, their new school, and their community in St. Louis. Orientation is organized by the Office of Medical Student Affairs.
The circumstances around COVID19 continue to evolve. Our priority is the health and safety of our students and community. Gateway Orientation and the programming within will provide meaningful orientation programming while adhering to the guidelines laid forth by our community experts.
- Welcome and Introduction to the new Gateway Curriculum
- Meet your Gateway Coach and Coaching Cohort
- Deans’ Welcome Gatherings
- Humans of St. Louis Presentation
Incoming medical students should refer to their Pre-Matriculation Checklist as primary means to ensure they’ve viewed and completed all necessary forms and tasks prior to matriculating. The Office of Medical Student Affairs has put together a supplementary list of items that are important for you to review prior to your arrival at WUSM on September 7th. Please read and review these links and respond if indicated.
- Dean’s Welcome Letter 2020 (PDF)
- Gateway Orientation 2020 – Schedule (Due to the evolving circumstances around COVID19, this schedule is subject to change)
- Pre-Matriculation Town Hall FAQs
- Phase 1 Gateway Curriculum Schedule
- Student Groups Information
- Dis-Orientation Guide 2021-22
- Army Scholarship Information Sheet (PDF)
- Navy Scholarship Information Sheet (PDF)
- Air Force Scholarship Information Sheet (PDF)
- COVID-19 Updates for the OE Community (see For Students)