The Office of Medical Student Education (OMSE) oversees the curriculum for the MD program at Washington University School of Medicine. Coordinating closely with the Office of Education, which supports educators across the continuum of medical education (MD, GME and CME), we also provide professional development opportunities, as well as material, technical and research support for MD course directors.
Our mission is to cultivate the best environment in which medical education and instruction can flourish. To achieve this, our office:
- Provides support to enhance the administrative, technical, and professional expertise of faculty and staff.
- Provides the necessary resources to create a collaborative and amiable environment that allows students and faculty to excel in teaching and learning.
- Monitors local and national environments to inform continuous development.
- Continuously searches for new ways to strengthen and expand faculty and curriculum development programs and implement innovative teaching initiatives.
Specifically, our office is responsible for:
- Continuous improvement and oversight of all aspects of the medical education curriculum, including managing schedules, evaluations, assessment, course planning and the Career Counseling office
- Providing material support for all course directors of MD programs
- Recognizing excellence in medical education with the Distinguished Service Teaching Awards
- In coordination with the Office of Education, supporting teaching faculty and course directors in pursuit of research and scholarship in medical education
Office Location: Bernard Becker Medical Library, Room 301 (Third Floor)
660 S. Euclid Ave. St. Louis, MO 63110
Mailing address: 660 S. Euclid Ave. CB 8214, St. Louis, MO 63110
Phone: 314-273-OMSE (6673)
Hours: 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday
The goal of the Office of Medical Student Education at Washington University School of Medicine is to educate the doctors of the future and to do so in an academic and supportive environment using evidence-based educational methods.
Assistant Dean for Curriculum
- Email: email@example.com
Assistant Dean for Student Assessment
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Secretary, Associate Dean for Medical Student Education
- Email: email@example.com
Senior Curriculum Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com