As you learn the intricacies of the human body in health and disease, it’s imperative that you take care of your own physical health! A number of services and facilities are available.
- Washington University’s Student Health Services provides students with efficient, accessible, high-quality medical care to address health issues. Contact Student Health Services for more information.
- 818 Fitness, the on-campus student fitness facility, is located on the first floor of the brand new CORE Apartment residences on the south end of campus. It is a fully functioning fitness center available 24/7 at no cost exclusively for students of the School of Medicine, with cardio and weight equipment and a group exercise room.
- Washington University has optimal proximity to Forest Park, one of St. Louis’ most treasured resources. The park offers miles of biking and running trails, as well as numerous athletic fields.
- The Gary M. Sumers Recreation Center on the Washington University Danforth Campus offers recreation courts, an elevated track, pool, weight room, large-group exercise studio and dark room, and more – all at no cost to students.
- Intramurals: Medical students may participate in a full range of competitive sports through the university-wide Intramurals Program operated out of the Danforth Campus.
- Yoga Club: The medical student-run Yoga Club offers weekly classes led by hired professional Yoga instructors, for a nominal joining fee.
- WUSM Fit is an umbrella of student-led Student Groups that consists of climbing, tennis, bowling, and more.