Students develop behaviors to support and maintain a healthy body.
As you learn the intricacies of the human body in health and disease, it’s imperative that you take care of your own physical health! A number of services and facilities are available.
- Washington University’s Student Health Services provides students with efficient, accessible, high-quality medical care to address health issues. Contact Student Health Services for more information.
- 818 Fitness, the on-campus student fitness facility, is located on the first floor of the brand new CORE Apartment residences on the south end of campus. It is a fully functioning fitness center available 24/7 at no cost exclusively for students of the School of Medicine, with cardio and weight equipment and a group exercise room.
- Washington University has optimal proximity to Forest Park, one of St. Louis’ most treasured resources. The park offers miles of biking and running trails, as well as numerous athletic fields.
- The Gary M. Sumers Recreation Center on the Washington University Danforth Campus offers recreation courts, an elevated track, pool, weight room, large-group exercise studio and dark room, and more – all at no cost to students.
- Intramurals: Medical students may participate in a full range of competitive sports through the university-wide Intramurals Program operated out of the Danforth Campus.
- ClimbRx: WUSM students can join the ClimbRx student group to get a huge student discount on memberships at the local indoor rock climbing gym, Climb So Ill.
- Krebs Cyclers: WUSM Krebs Cyclers aim for bike enthusiasts of all abilities to come together and ride. Promoting fitness and team spirit, this organization has bimonthly rides around St. Louis and surrounding areas.
- Nutrition: A team of registered dietitian nutritionists helps students navigate the WashU dining program, supports individualized nutrition and dietary needs and offers educational events focused on nutrition. Additionally, students can grocery shop from the convenience of the medical campus during the weekly farmers market.