Students are supported in the exploration of their diverse spiritual preferences and have opportunities for reflection around human meaning and purpose.
Along with physical and mental health, spirituality is a critical part of healthy living for many students. Several faith interest groups and prayerful spaces are available to support your spiritual life:
- Newly completed in 2018, a beautiful Interfaith Chapel is available to all students as a quiet, prayerful, and/or meditative space. There is also an Interfaith Office, where advisers and ministers from various faith groups share office hours at various times throughout every week, to be available for interactions as students wish.
- Christian Medical Association is a student-run organization offering students a vehicle for fellowship, Bible study and prayer.
- Jewish Medical Student Association (JMSA) is a student-run organization offering all students the opportunity to experience and learn about Jewish culture and religious celebrations.
- Medical Muslim Students Association (MMSA) is a student-run organization working to strengthen and foster a Muslim community at WUSM through education, service and activism.
- Religious, Spiritual & Ethical Life Affiliates: Several religious and spiritual organizations serve WashU students.
- The Office for Religious, Spiritual and Ethical Life serves the entire WashU community, encouraging interfaith cooperation and supporting diverse communities.